Atty Registration #7463 (CO) 13460 (LA)
WIEGAND – ATTORNEYS & COUNSELORS, LLC
280 E 20th Ave
Denver, CO 80205-3148
Born New Orleans, Louisiana, 11 February 1947. Admitted to practice of law in Louisiana (1972) and in Colorado (1976). Also admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court (1996), before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit, before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana, and the U.S. District Court for District of Colorado.
From 1977, practice has been limited to tax planning and tax preparation, trusts and estate planning and probate, personal and business planning, and business organizations.
- Manager, DANOS RENTALS, LLC (Assets: $1,750,000), Denver, Colorado and its predecessor from 1988 to the present.
- Manager, NORMANDY DEVELOPMENT, LLC (Assets: $500,000), Bridge City, Louisiana and its predecessor from February 1980 to present.
- Director, President, and Treasurer, RIVERBEND CORPORATION (a management company) since 1980.
- General Partner, RIVERBEND ASSOCIATES (Assets: $2,000,000), Bridge City, Louisiana from 1975 to the present and General Partner NORMANDY ASSOCIATES (Assets: $1,000,000), Bridge City, Louisiana from 1975 to the present. Each of the above is a family-owned real estate development company.
- Trustee of various trusts and Manager of related investment accounts from 1975 to the present. Current asset value of all accounts is $15 million ($5 million in real estate holdings).
- Vice-President for Administration, THE ROSE GROUP INCORPORATED and subsidiaries: ROSE MANUFACTURING COMPANY and ROSE SYSTEMS, INC., Englewood, Colorado from January 1992 to December 1992. THE ROSE GROUP was a privately-held developer, manufacturer, and seller of safety equipment, specifically in the field of fall-protection and safety at heights. ROSE had 100 employees and $12 million in sales. Responsibilities included sales, contracts, personnel, and production.
- General Manager with full power of attorney of INUVAY AG, a Swiss company with its major office in Düsseldorf, Federal Republic of Germany, from 1986 through 1988. INUVAY developed and sold safety-related equipment, specifically, for safety at heights. It was also the principal distributor of forged products for an unrelated US corporation. INUVAY was a sister corporation to THE ROSE GROUP INCORPORATED. INUVAY had six employees and sales of One Million Deutschmarks.
- Director and Secretary, 1MAGE SOFTWARE, INC., Centennial, Colorado from March 1992 to the present. 1MAGE SOFTWARE is a publicly-traded corporation engaged in the creation and marketing of software imaging systems for industry. Serving on the Audit and Compensation Committees.
- Director and Secretary of MARX/OKUBO ASSOCIATES, LTD., Denver, Colorado from December 1992 to December 2017, a privately-held consulting firm, specializing in construction and construction management. MARX/OKUBO has 100 employees, with annual sales of $28 million.
- Sole owner WIEGAND ATTORNEYS & COUNSELORS, LLC from 1997 to present. Sole practitioner January 1993 to 1997.
- Special Counsel, PENDLETON & SABIAN, P.C., Denver, Colorado, October 1990 to November 1991, a medium-sized law firm focusing on a business practice.
- Of Counsel, O’CONNOR & HANNAN, Denver, Colorado, June 1985 to September, 1990. Partner, O’CONNOR & HANNAN, Denver, Colorado, April 1983 to May 1985. O’CONNOR & HANNAN was a national law firm.
- Sole shareholder, WIEGAND & ASSOCIATES, P.C., Greenwood Village, Colorado, August 1980 to April 1983, successor to the firm of ALLSPACH & WIEGAND.
- Partner, ALLSPACH & WIEGAND, Denver, Colorado, March 1978 to August 1980.
- Associate, BANTA, HOYT et al, Centennial, Colorado, April 1977 to March 1978.
- Sole practitioner, New Orleans, Louisiana and Denver, Colorado, May 1976 to April 1977.
- Associate, DEUTSCH, KERRIGAN & STILES, New Orleans, Louisiana, August 1972 to May 1976.
- Received LLM in Taxation (1977) from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law. Received J.D. (1972) and B.A. (1970) from the Tulane University of Louisiana. In law school was a member of Moot Court (scholastic honorary). Also elected to Phi Beta Kappa, Omicron Delta Kappa, Kappa Delta Phi, and Phi Eta Sigma.
- Annual continuing legal education, primarily in tax, business, estate planning, ethics, and professionalism (Louisiana).
Legal Associations & Committees
- A member of the Colorado Association of Corporate Counsel.
- A member of the Denver, Arapahoe County, Continental Divide, Louisiana State, Colorado State, and American Bar Associations. Also a member of the Real Estate Trust & Probate, Business Law, and Tax Sections of the Louisiana State, Colorado State, and American Bar Associations.
- A member of the Colorado Bar Association, Trust & Estates Section, Orange Book Forms Committee since 2000. Co-Chair of the committee 2011 – 2012. Chair of the committee 2012–2013.
- A member of the Colorado Bar Association, Trust & Estates Section, Statutory Revisions Committee since 2000.
- A member of the American Bar Association Tax Section sub-committee responsible for the creation of the Model State S-Corporation Income Tax Act (MoSCITA) (1984-89), working toward a uniform system of state taxation of S-corporations. A member of the ad-hoc Colorado S-Corporation Committee responsible for proposing and getting adopted the Colorado version of MoSCITA (1991).
- A member of the American Association of Daily Money Managers since 2001. A member of the Estate Planning Council of Southeast Denver 2000 – 2009. A member of the Denver Estate Planning Council since 2009.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the CENTRAL CITY OPERA HOUSE ASSOCIATION, INC. since 2017.
- Vice-Chancellor, Episcopal Diocese of Colorado, Episcopal Church in the United States of America from December 1991 to 2001. Principally responsible for reviewing all proposed Articles and By-Laws of new parishes and for standardizing all Articles and By-Laws for all parishes in the diocese.
- Member of the Vestry, Church of St. Gabriel the Archangel, Cherry Hills Village, Colorado, January 1995 to 1998. Member of the Search Committee for new Rector 1992.
- City Councilman, City of Greenwood Village, Colorado, November 1983 to November 1987. Served as liaison to the Colorado Municipal League.
- President and Member of the Board of Directors, GREENWOOD HILLS HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION 1978 to 1981. Member of Board of Directors, GREENWOOD HILLS HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION 1992 to 2004. Treasurer 1998 to 2004.
- Director GREENWOOD TRIANGLE OFFICE PARK FOUNDATION (5211 – 5281 S Quebec St, Greenwood Village, CO) since 1980 to 2010. President and Treasurer 1992 – 2010.
- Director and President and Treasurer SUN ALLEY COMMERCIAL CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION (1790 Airport Road, Breckenridge, CO) since 1997.
- Director and Treasurer BREAKERS EAST OWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC. (1010 Hwy 98 E, Destin, FL) since 2007.
- Director GRANT PARK OWNERS ASSOCIATION (1975 Grant St, Denver, CO) since 2009.
- Director & Treasurer ONE LINCOLN PARK OWNERS ASSOCIATION since December 2016.
- Married, Pam Danos Wiegand. Three adult children: Steve, Kelly, Julianna. Six Grandchildren: Mariah, Carter, Mason, Paul, Lila, Whit, Garrett.
- Member, Church of Saint John the Baptist (Episcopal), Breckenridge, Colorado and of Saint Andrew’s Episcopal Church, Denver, Colorado. Chalice Minister, Layreader, Acolyte. Sunday School Teacher (High School). Bible study leader.
- Clubs: Rotary International (Denver Mile High and Summit County), University Club of Denver, Sigma Alpha Epsilon.
- Hobbies: golf, camping, snow-skiing, water-skiing, sailing, SCUBA.
Rupen Patel, Sonal Patel
PATEL ENGINEERING COMPANY LIMITED
12 Buell Mansion Pkwy, Cherry Hills Village, CO 80110-4100
Patel Estate, Swami Vivekanand Road, Jogeshwari (W), Mumbai,
400102 INDIA (91/620-2896)
L. James Marx, Parrish Boren
MARX|OKUBO ASSOCIATES, LTD., 455 Sherman St Ste. 200, Denver, CO 80203 (303-861-0300)
David R. DeYoung
1MAGE SOFTWARE, INC., 7200 S Alton Way Ste A260, Centennial, CO 8011280112 (303-694-9180)
Martin M. Berliner, Esq.
BERLINER MCDONALD PC, 6160 S Syracuse Way Ste 100, Greenwood Village, CO 80111-4770
James K. Kreutz, Esq.
JAMES K KREUTZ & ASSOCIATES, P.C., 5500 E Yale Ave, Denver, CO 80222 (303-779-8224)
Colvin G. Norwood, Esq.
MCGLINCHEY, et al, 643 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (504/586-1200)
H. Bruce Shreves, Esq.
SIMON, PERAGINE, et al, 1100 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70119 (504/569-2030)